Who we are: Oundle Music Trust is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee.
Our vision is to be widely recognised as a leading provider of excellence in musical performance and education.
Our mission is to provide inspiring musical experiences which contribute to the social, cultural, educational and economic well-being of the region, and to the artistic life of the UK.
Our aims are to:
- Promote excellence and enjoyment in music through all our work
- Widen opportunities to engage with music through education and performance
- Increase access to and provide outstanding tuition for young organists through an internationally prominent programme of non-competitive residential courses
- Stage performances from international, national and local artists and provide a platform for aspiring young artists of excellence
- Provide cultural activities throughout the year across a range of musical genres
- Encourage community and family participation and involvement in musical activities
- Provide a useful educational resource to benefit others
We will achieve this through three strands of activities:
Oundle for Organists – a year round training movement, promoting access to the organ, and supporting young organists (beginner to university level) in their musical development.
Oundle International Festival – a professional music festival held each July in Oundle and the surrounding area, attracting a growing audience from the local community, and further afield. The programme includes jazz, folk and world music alongside classical repertoire, and related programming in other art forms.
Oundle Music Trust Community & Education Programme – programme of concerts (including Music in Quiet Places), workshops and projects in the Oundle area, which aims to extend access to, and enjoyment of, music through participation.
Oundle Music Trust works in partnership with schools, other organisations and music providers, locally, nationally and internationally.
The Countess Howe (Chair)
Sir Ewan Harper
Sir David Lumsden
Dame Gillian Weir DBE
Sir David Willcocks CBE, MC
Oundle Music Trust
Registered Charity no. 1051428
Company Registration no. 3134966 (England/Wales)